Week 13 + 14 Pattern
November 24 Happy Thanksgiving
Week 14 Pattern
November 29 Design Activity #10 Block Printing
Some Block Print examples:
- Devise a single element, such as a dot, diamond, squiggle, square or motif.
- Copy and repeat the element in columns or rows to make an overall pattern on a sheet of paper.
- Vary the spacing of the elements in the rows to create variation.
- Continue to create new variations by varying the size of the elements, by creating overlapping rows of elements, and changing the color, size, and orientation of elements.
- *Design Challenge:* (When finished with the above activity) Work in pairs to co-create a print where the two individual designs interact creatively. Then document what happened.
- Write a descriptive blog post about your experience. Include 1) 5+ clear and engaging images (photographs, screenshots) or a video of your work from the day’s design related activities and 2) a 100+ word write-up, video, or sound file (think short podcast) of what you achieved (or what you were working toward) from a design thinking perspective. Use vocabulary, concepts and ideas from the week’s material. The blog post is due Sunday by midnight.
December 1 Review for Final Video Essay